• SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED •
Solas Nua is seeking an ambitious new Executive Director in Spring 2023 to lead the organization into its third decade and to build upon the work and vision of departing Executive Director Miranda Driscoll. Over the last two and half years, Solas Nua has dramatically expanded its reach and ambition to produce, present and commission thought-provoking, ground-breaking work from Irish and Ireland-based artists. It's this incredible work and vision that the incoming Executive Director will now build upon.
This position is a senior management role for an accomplished, charismatic leader, with extensive experience in both arts management and multi-disciplinary programming and production.
“It has been an honor to lead Solas Nua into an exciting new chapter. I came into this role initially as Interim Executive Director two-and-a-half years ago, in the midst of Covid chaos – when we didn’t know how or when we would ever step foot into a venue again. Despite the significant challenges that Covid continues to throw at us, I am immensely proud of what we have achieved over the past number of years and would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the Solas Nua Board, our funders, supporters and community in both Ireland and Washington, D.C. We are a very small team and I could not have achieved what I have done without my outstanding colleagues Rex Daugherty and Seán Wrenn, as well as our extended and expanding team of creative leaders and artists.
In my short time here we have, together, accomplished the following:
- Increased our annual budgets by 200%, bringing in more support from both the Government of Ireland and the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities.
- Created three new staff roles and contracted a new Director to run the Capital Irish Film Festival.
- Developed a long term programming vision and strategy. Produced / presented projects that spanned theatre, film, literature, dance, visual arts, music, podcasts and digital programming; many of which were World Premieres or US Premieres.
- Developed a new, ambitious commissioning strand which offers development opportunities to Irish artists and artists based in Ireland, working in all disciplines.
- Increased our ticket sales by an average of 35%.
- Fully rebranded with a striking new visual identity and developed a new marketing strategy with an ambitious new team.
- Created a fundraising strategy and team and created a path for sustainable giving to Solas Nua.
- Initiated new and built upon existing partnerships in D.C., New York, Philadelphia and Ireland.
Solas Nua is a remarkable organization to be part of and I am excited for this next chapter in what is unquestionably one of the leading Irish arts organization in the United States, perfectly situated in the Capital.”
Miranda Driscoll, Executive Director, Solas Nua.
The deadline for application has been extended to Friday, February 10 at 5 PM ET.